Monday, February 24, 2014

Seeking God on Purpose

"The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him..." ~Lamentations 3:27

Over the weekend, I had the privilege to go to a True Women conference, held at our church.  Nancy Leigh DeMoss was one of the main speakers and, my goodness, how she spoke!  She talked about what it looked like to seek God, to really desire to be with Him.  Which then got me to thinking...do I seek Him.  Do I purposely look for Him in all the areas of my life.  I wish I could tell you, yes, I do this all the time and my life has been made perfect.  Not so much!
I do desire to be with Him and I talk to Him constantly, but seeking...really searching.  I wonder what that would look like.  When my kids are fighting, for the umpteenth time, and my head is going to start spinning...what if I were to seek Him in that moment.  The days where I get all negative Nancy, and wonder why I really don't have any close friends...if I were to seek Him, I would realize that He is always waiting to be my best friend.  I know that I should always go to Him first, but how many times does that actually happen?
I want to really start seeking Him and His will for my life.  I want it to become instinct, that when a moment arises, I don't turn to frustration, impatience or panic, I turn my eyes to Him and seek His will for that moment.  I know that it will not make my life perfect, but I also know, that He can take those moments and turn them into God moments.
"My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"  Your face, Lord, I will seek."
 ~Psalm 27:8

No comments:

Post a Comment